U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message

May 15, 2006

Mr. Robert

where-I-live

Dear Mr.:

       Thank you for writing to me about the H-1B visa program.  I
welcome the opportunity to respond.

       During deliberations on the "Comprehensive Immigration
Reform Act of 2006," I voted to increase the annual cap on H-1B visas
from the current level of 65,000 to 115,000 with the possibility of a
further 20% increase every year the cap is met.  The fact is that in order
to remain globally competitive, America must take in talented workers
from around the world to work alongside Americans.

       At the same time though, the Department of Labor must ensure
that American workers are not discriminated against.  I do not support
replacing American workers with foreign-born workers and I believe that
in the long term we must reduce our dependency on these visas.  Please
know that I will keep your concerns in mind as Congress exercises
oversight of the H-1B temporary worker program.

	Again, thank you for writing.  I hope that you will continue to
write to me on issues of importance to you.  Best regards.

			Sincerely yours,

			Dianne Feinstein
			United States Senator

http://feinstein.senate.gov

Further information about my position on issues of concern to Ca and
the
Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov.  You can also
receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at
http://feinstein.senate.gov/issue.html.

Why do you want this page removed?