Re: Hip & Head

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Bhavani wrote:

> Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:25:51 -0500
> From: Bhavani <http://www.juno.com/~margaretch>
> To: http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert
> Cc: http://dummy.us.eu.org/noelleg
> Subject: Hip & Head
>
> Hi Robert & Noelle-
>
> So the latest news is that Dick AKA Richard, dad has some added pain- as
> if he didn't have enough?So  he had an ultrasound and it showed that he
> had a ¼? kidney stone and a cyst on his kidney.  He will have to go to an
> urologist I think for the cyst- the stone looks like it?s not impeding
> anything.  He also went to Lahey Clinic to see a neurologist for what he
> thought might be his back related issue with the limping and hobbling.
> Dr. Tarlov then referred him to an Orthopedic surgeon who said that he
> needs a hip replacement.  The doctor (Orthopedic Surgeon) would prefer
> that he loss weight, but waiting may not be an option since the pain is

remember Jill on Starting Over?The doctors wanted her to lose weight
before surgery.did you catch up on the show?If not, I'm sure Anne-Marie
will help, and

there's the website.

> really getting worse.  At this time he has great difficulty walking and
> we don't know if that is due to the cyst or maybe a strained muscle??

Well, it could be the hip problem.Hip replacement is a very common procedure,
but then again you can get a joint infection, so it's not perfect.

> What to do??  I don't know who else to ask so I can make this
> critical decision.  So these are our latest medical concerns.

I'll send this to my dad, though he's in New Zealand now, so we wont hear
back from him in a couple of weeks.  Since you had surgery with infection
complications I would say don't have any more surgery.

A friend of mine, Kelly, in Jan. had a lowered immune system and caught
antibiotic resistant staph aureus and was in the hospital and she said she
almost died from the pneumonia.and the antibiotics they gave her made her
skin itchy and red(sound familiar?)and she's freaked out.so if you go back
to the hospital, there are those infections lurking there for you.

> I did have an enriching experience on my 16 day silent retreat at IMS in
> Barre Ma?hard to put the whole encounter into words since
> words are not applicable and often miss the mark when you try to express
> mind states.

I wish I could quit my job and not have to sit in front of a computer all
day, instead I could get more exercise .ha.But when I'm at work it's kind
of a silent retreat so I like that part,but my mind is in a fog of mental
exhaustion.

Noelle

Why do you want this page removed?