Re: Hip & Head

 > From: Bhavani <http://www.juno.com/~margaretch>
 > Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:25:51 -0500
 >
 > Hi Robert & Noelle-
 >
 > So the latest news is that Dick AKA Richard, dad has some added pain- as
 > if he didn't have enough?So  he had an ultrasound and it showed that he
 > had a ¼? kidney stone and a cyst on his kidney.  He will have to go to an
 > urologist I think for the cyst- the stone looks like it?s not impeding
 > anything.  He also went to Lahey Clinic to see a neurologist for what he
 > thought might be his back related issue with the limping and hobbling.
 > Dr. Tarlov then referred him to an Orthopedic surgeon who said that he
 > needs a hip replacement.  The doctor (Orthopedic Surgeon) would prefer
 > that he loss weight, but waiting may not be an option since the pain is
 > really getting worse.  At this time he has great difficulty walking and
 > we don't know if that is due to the cyst or maybe a strained muscle??

Did you hear the story about back surgeries?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5240537

It might not be beneficial.

 > [the doctor] thought it was a small risk if I didn't have the
 > surgery for skull replacement.  I think since I am already 60 and that I
 > am not in construction work that was the consensus.

Will you wear a harder hat, or even a hard hat?  Just in case you do want
to do construction work.

 > I did mention that I
 > use my head when I meditate- he did  laugh at that.  So now I need to
 > decide whether I should go through an operation or continue to be soft in
 > the head.  What to do??

Did you ask what the probability of getting a tumor in the exact same spot
would be?  If you get another tumor there, it would be more convenient to
get to now.

 > I don't know who else to ask so I can make this
 > critical decision.  So these are our latest medical concerns.
 >
 > I did have an enriching experience on my 16 day silent retreat at IMS in
 > Barre Ma -- hard to put the whole encounter into words since
 > words are not applicable and often miss the mark when you try to express
 > mind states.

I don't mind.

 > So write back when you can and see if you can give us any feedback.
 >
 > In Love,
 > BhavaniMa

Why do you want this page removed?