Response from Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren

April 3, 2006

Mr. Robert

where-I-live

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for writing me regarding your opposition to H.R.
4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal
Immigration Control Act.  I appreciate the time you took to
share your views with me and I agree with you.
As a member of the House Homeland Security and Judiciary
Committees, I participated in mark-up sessions to consider
this bill.  I also helped lead the effort on the floor of the
House to defeat this bill and I voted against it.  Unfortunately,
it passed in the House 239-182.
Republicans have made it clear that they are not willing to
work with Democrats on drafting comprehensive immigration
reform that would protect American citizens and immigrants
alike.  H.R. 4437 was sent to the Senate for consideration,
and I hope that they will reject the radical provisions in their
version.  I will keep your thoughts in mind as this and other
related bills continue to be considered in the House and
Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting me.  Please feel free to
reach me again about this or any other matter of importance
to you.

This is the iclose.doc for Word

Why do you want this page removed?