Re: Sony PAL DVDplayer

 > From: Richard <http://www.juno.com/~w1few>
 > Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 06:18:51 -0500
 >
 > On 24 Mar 2006 21:58:45 -0800 http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert (Robert) writes:
 > >  > From: Richard <http://www.juno.com/~w1few>
 > >  > Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:36:13 -0500
 > >  >
 > >  > Got the DVD player but it says it doesn't play PAL.  Can you check to see
 > >  > if there's a difference between DVP-NS50 and DVP-NS50P.  You sent the "P"
 > >  > version which says CANNOT PLAY PAL.
 > >
 > > That's strange.  Does it say that all NS50P players cannot play PAL, or
 > > just that refurbished one?  When I search on the web it says that all
 > > DVP-NS50P players can play PAL with a PAL-compatible TV.
 >
 > Which is what I saw on the WEB also which is why I said to go ahead with
 > the purchase..
 > But the booklet in the box said no P{A: and we tried the PAL DVD and it
 > doesn't read it but will read a NTSC DVD fine.  I don't know.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.media.dvd.cracked/browse_thread/thread/1c7734777f2f9955/56c21653b1f9fbe1?lnk=st&q=ns50p+pal&rnum=1&hl=en#56c21653b1f9fbe1

seems to indicate that there exists utilities to convert from PAL to NTSC.

I should also say that Sony DVD players are very particular.  They claim
to read DVD+R's, but when we tried one that our friends had burned, it
didn't work.  It took several tries before our friend got it right.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t288522.html seems to confirm
similar problems.

There's also mention of http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Free_DVD which
may allow you to convert the regionality.

BTW, do you have a multisystem TV?  I imagine that you probably couldn't
play PAL DVDs if you don't.

Why do you want this page removed?