Re: source for Debian package for cpm?

Hi Robert,

I am writing this 'on the street' so the mail might look a little
unformatted.

On 9 Apr 2006 09:41:04 -0700, "Robert" <http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert>
said:
> I got this compiled.
>
> But, when I run it, after trying to add a password, I get this error:
>
> /var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict.pwd: Permission denied
> PWOpen: Illegal seek
>
> and then cpm exits.  Here's my cpm:
>
>  352 -rwsr-xr-x    1 root     robert     354638 Apr  9 09:31
>  /usr/local/bin/cpm*
>
> Here's the cracklib file:
>
>  216 -rw-r-----    1 root     root       214222 Apr  8 21:02
>  /var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict.pwd
>
> I'm running Linux 2.4.18-386 with an ext2 file system.  I'm running the
> 2.7-8.5 version of cracklib2.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?

Well, if you run cpm as a regular user, the file 'cracklib_dict.pwd' is
not readable by the user. cpm is suid-root but it drops it's root
privileges as soon as it got everything setup correctly, which is at the
very beginning of it's startup procedure.
It probably goes all fine, if you set the file to 644. :-)

HTH, Harry.

Why do you want this page removed?