Re: VW

 > From: "http://www.juno.com/~w1few"; <http://www.juno.com/~w1few>
 > Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:38:34 GMT
 >
 > If you can find the cruise control, unplug any connectors and replug them back
 > on/in.  Be sure to put them back where they came from.  COnnections in
 > connectors get corroded and unplugging them and plugging them back together
 > will clean them enough to make contact.  Also check for bad ground connections.
 >   VW is notorious for bad grounds.

According to that web site, the cruise control unit is behind the
dashboard and is horrible to try to reach.  (I couldn't see the box
described on the web page when I was poking around under the dashboard.  I
suspect I would have to remove the dashboard or get to it some other
complex way.)

 > If doesn't overheat, don't screw with it.  Its okay (radiator).   Look for
 > fluid/drips under the car.

OK.  That'd be difficult because mud is under the mid-section of the car
when parked in the driveway.  We'd have to park it on the street to test
this.

P.S. Sorry about the spam thing.  Apparently, Spambouncer must've changed
recently which make it think that your e-mail address was a spam source.
I have fixed that, I hope.