Re: FTP access denied

BTW, re: ftp: did you look at /etc/ftpusers ?

Search for "putty ssh" on google.  You'll find it.

I would imagine that it would be on slakware.  You'll need both the ssh
client and the ssh daemon.  http://sol4.net/linux/ssh1.shtml seems to have
some instructions on installing it on Slackware.  Unfortunately, it looks
like you have to compile it yourself, which is a drag.  If you can find it
on a Slackware CD already compiled, that may be easier.

But, this will be a good learning experience in any case because ssh is
one of the best programs that exists; it's incredibly flexible.